The Counseling Center:
Position Title: Assessment Counselor
Come join a rapidly expanding, leading national substance abuse organization who is currently seeking an Assessment Counselor for their growing Intensive Outpatient Counseling program! We have achieved this remarkable growth by building a reputation for compassionate care, clinical expertise, continuous improvement and a focus on exceeding the expectations of our patients, clients, and their families. At our company, you can enjoy a rewarding career.
The purpose of the Assessment Counselor is to facilitate the admission process, answer inquiries and assist patients to adjust to the detoxification program routine. The Admission Staff documents the admission process in to the medical record and provides clinical staff with information concerning the patient’s presentation and clinical needs at time of intake.
• Conducts initial assessment of patient problems and needs and reports to clinical team to initiate treatment planning.
• Prioritizes patient needs and issues related to patient orientation.
• Upon initial contact, provides information to patients and families to help them decide about treatment, prepare for admission, and what they can expect to encounter.
• Provides tours for prospective patients and their families as requested.
• MUST be enrolled in a Master's program
• Working knowledge of DSM V Substance Disorder diagnosis
• Intake and assessment experience preferred.
• Monday - Friday
• 11:30AM - 8:00PM
• Hourly rate competitive with experience and location
Full time employees may be eligible for the following:
• Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, and STD options
• Medical FSA and Dependent Care Account
• 401k with company match up to 2.5%
• Accrued PTO Plan
• Education reimbursement
• Career Advancement Opportunities
*** This job does NOT sponsor visa's and we are unable to consider out of country applicants ***
If you are interested in this opportunity or know someone that you respect who would be a good fit for this position, please email:
Chase - Chase@praesumhealthcare.com Director of Talent Acquisition
Ray - RDavis@praesumhealthcare.com Executive Recruiter