Position Title: Junior Accountant
Founded in 2003, Praesum Healthcare provides administrative services for healthcare providers in key geographical locations throughout the Northeast, mid-Atlantic, and Southeast regions. Praesum is an established leader in the healthcare industry. With a solid, growth-focused business model, strong finances, and expert management team, Praesum will continue to grow in the years to come. Praesum currently provides services to behavioral health facilities providing all levels of care from inpatient psychiatric and substance abuse detoxification, through SUD and mental health outpatient clinics.
This position supports the Finance and Accounting teams in the daily functions for the Company and all Affiliates by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Ensures accurate and timely consolidated financial statements in accordance with all applicable accounting policies.
• Posts intercompany company requisitions, receipts, and disbursements to the appropriate journals or ledgers.
• Assists in balancing accounts by running reports, proof reading, preparing summaries, cost information or other reports for use in preparing financial statements.
• Ensures intercompany balance and accounts payable all reports and information are accurate through the use of checks and balances.
• Safeguards assets, (inventory, cash, accounts receivable) through effective methods, departmental policies and established controls.
• Maintains a running knowledge of the company’s assets and debts.
• Strong oral and written Communicates within department and across departments.
• Monthly Bank reconciliation, Prepaid Expense, Insurance etc.… and recording payroll in multi entities, Sale Taxes multi states.
• Monthly maintain Loan Schedules with proper journals entries
• BS Degree in accounting or Finance
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience in an accounting role
• Strong Excel skills, including Pivot tables, vlookup, if statements etc. Word and PowerPoint.
• Hourly rate competitive with experience and location
Full time employees may be eligible for the following:
• Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, and STD options
• Medical FSA and Dependent Care Account
• 401k with company match up to 2.5%
• Accrued PTO Plan
• Education reimbursement
• Career Advancement Opportunities
*** This job does NOT sponsor visa's and we are unable to consider out of country applicants ***
If you are interested in this opportunity or know someone that you respect who would be a good fit for this position, please email:
Chase - Chase@praesumhealthcare.com Director of Talent Acquisition
Ray - RDavis@praesumhealthcare.com Executive Recruiter