Medical Laboratory Technologist with Molecular Experience
Come join a rapidly expanding, leading national reference laboratory who is currently seeking a Medical Laboratory Technologist for our growing molecular laboratory! We have achieved this remarkable growth by building a reputation for compassionate care, clinical expertise, continuous improvement and a focus on exceeding the expectations of our patients, clients, and their families.
The major responsibility of this position is to serve as a Medical Laboratory Technologist in molecular testing.
• Manual data entry of client and sample information into databases.
• Ensure that sample custody is maintained throughout the testing procedure.
• Documentation of any sample-related issues.
• Become familiar with Laboratory Information System (LIS) and the Electronic Health Records (EHR) System as they are implemented in the laboratory.
• Proficiency testing, laboratory inspection, equipment maintenance, and other schedules as specified by the Laboratory Manager.
• Interacting with external personnel on the phone or in person.
• Ensuring office and laboratory documents are filed and indexed properly.
• Maintaining and updating laboratory schedules as needed.
• Ensure that sufficient stocks are maintained of laboratory supplies and reagents.
• Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and troubleshoot minor equipment failures. Document remedial actions such as repairs or repeated tests.
• Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies and document all quality control activities.
• Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
• Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA, OSHA and CAP regulations.
• Maintain a clean and well-organized work area, specialized decontamination and COVID safety protocols.
• Bachelors degree in Medical Technology
• Florida License
• Certification in Medical Laboratory Technology or board certified eligible
• Full Time
• Monday - Friday
• Hourly rate competitive with experience and location
If you are interested in this opportunity or know someone that you respect who would be a good fit for this position, please email:
Chase@praesumhealthcare.com Director of Talent Acquisition, Chase
RDavis@praesumhealthcare.com Executive Recruiter, Ray