Assistant Laboratory Manager
Come join a rapidly expanding, leading national substance abuse organization who is currently seeking a Laboratory Manager for their growing clinical laboratory! We have achieved this remarkable growth by building a reputation for compassionate care, clinical expertise, continuous improvement, and a focus on exceeding the expectations of our patients, clients, and their families. At our company, you can enjoy a rewarding career.
This position will be managing administrative positions and will have administrative responsibilities. They will maintain and implement policies, procedures, documentation, etc. They will manage implementation and support of all laboratory systems. They will provide continual process improvement, risk assessment, mitigation plans, can prioritize, assign resources to maintain project goals in a timely and accurate matter. The Lab Manager will maintain a high level of professionalism while developing and maintaining good relations with staff, vendors, and others.
• Assay validation and correlation, instrument calibration and maintenance.
• Preparation of standard operating procedures for tests performed in the laboratory.
• Provision of continuing education programs to staff regarding safety and procedures performed by the laboratory.
• Assessment of technical competency and verification that laboratory staff can run assays independently.
• Ensure that established procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results are strictly adhered to.
• Ensure that external proficiency test samples are analyzed in the same manner as patient samples and records are maintained accurately.
• Adherence to the lab’s quality control policies and documentation of all quality control activities, including instrument maintenance records.
• Follow established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the lab’s established acceptable levels of performance.
• Identification and documentation of problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and correction of such problems or immediately notification of Laboratory Manager or Directors.
• Responsibility for purchasing supplies and equipment and ensuring that the lab meets all requirements to function in the most efficient manner.
• Bachelor’s Degree & completed laboratory training program
• 5 years of relevant experience
• ASCP Certification Required
• Phlebotomy Experience and/or lab knowledge required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Full Time; weekend availability for emergencies only
• Salary rate competitive with experience and location
Full time employees may be eligible for the following:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental/Vision Insurance
• $25,000.00 Basic Life Insurance
• Accrued PTO Plan
• Education reimbursement